Advertisement

Forum / News / Weekly News - 5th August 2017

Breadmower 2 months, 11 days ago

Hi everyone,

The big news this week is that @Bunnery's social media campaign to get Interference in the "Apps for Windows Ink" collection in the store has worked - we're now in the list, and it should make it easier for people with Surfaces (and other touch/pen computers) find the game. Many thanks to Microsoft for helping us out - we really appreciate it :-) Of course, thanks to Bunnery too, who spends a lot of her time working on things like this whilst I'm building the apps - all this stuff wouldn't happen without her :-) Take a look at the latest video update if you'd like to see how it looks.

We've also got a few new features on the website. If you've not seen the news post from earlier in the week, then we've now got an updated home page (that lists things like picture/description of the week, popular items, videos from the YouTube channel, and more) - check it out by clicking the new "home" link on the website navigation. This freed up some space on the community page, which we've filled with leaderboards. Yes, leaderboards are back: you can now see who has the most likes this week, along with who has referred the most players to the game. App users: I'm just finishing this off on Win8/Win10 - should be in the store in a few days.

Speaking of referrals, we've now got a reward for bringing new people to the game: once three people you referred level up in the game (by drawing a few things and receiving some likes) we'll send you a free pack of Interference stickers (like the ones you can buy in the store). When you share a link using "share to Twitter/Facebook/etc" in the app or website then someone clicks it and signs up we'll be able to see that they followed your link and we'll give you credit for it. Alternatively, if they sign up and enter your name during "Welcome to Interference" then you'll get the credit too. Simple :-)

So, time for our favourite items from the past week: Bunnery liked "wild west eruption" by JaredTheJeweler - she loved the interpretation with all of the random wild west things coming out of the volcano. I was a fan of "Guy illegally drying house and will be arrested by WorkSafe" by JoshuaNair. I always approve of people that look at things logically, and he makes a good point - I'm sure the guy in the picture hasn't done a risk assessment. Nice work, both of you :-)

That's it for now - have a great week!

MightyMo 2 months, 10 days ago

Excellent work Breadmower birning back the leaderboards!! I used to love them - it brings back the competitive edge to the game!!! Will you be bringing back monthly leaderboards also??

Breadmower 2 months, 10 days ago

Could do, if there's demand (I expect there will be!) - I've fixed (hopefully!) the underlying issue that was causing problems with them before, so we could perhaps do week/month/quarter or something like that.

MightyMo 2 months, 10 days ago

Sounds good!! See how popular it is first!! I used to find it amazing the number of likes some players used to get for their awesome drawings!! All deserved of course!!

Sinus 2 months, 9 days ago

I searched for "vedatc" on the internet and found the latest IFX video

Breadmower 2 months, 9 days ago

Sinus Excellent :-)

Post a reply

You'll need to sign in if you want to post a reply.