Advertisement

Forum / News / New stuff: Improved home page and leaderboards

Bunnery 22 days, 21 hours ago

Hello!

Breadmower has been doing some work on the web version of the game - to make the front page look more like the apps.

He has also put the leaderboards back! There is a leaderboard for likes and another to show the top referrers. There's a little incentive in there as well - for those of you who manage to get your friends and family to play too! These are just on the web version at the moment - we'd love to know what you think!

Breadmower 22 days, 20 hours ago

Hey everyone,

Yes, I've crossed two things off my to-do list that I've wanted to sort out for ages:

* New front page on playinterference.com: We've moved some things around to make space for new features and give you some app features that you were missing. The picture of the week, news and video updates have moved from the community page to the home page of the site - click the new "Home" link in the navigation to get there. You'll also see description of the week, popular items and some other bits on there.

* "Likes this week" leaderboard: We'll count up the likes everyone gets from Saturday to Friday (to match the "picture of the week" timespan), and show them here. You'll always be able to see where you are and the players that are just ahead of you, so that you've got a target to aim for :-)

* Referrals leaderboard: As you'll probably remember from other news posts, we're now asking new players if someone else told them about the game. Every time someone picks you as their referrer (or if they sign up after clicking a link that you shared using "Share to Twitter/Facebook" in a game), we'll log it. Once the player levels up in the game (so we know they're a real person, not just a fake account), they'll add to your referral count. When your count reaches three, we'll send you a free pack of Interference stickers (just to confirm: you can only get one free pack, and it's while stocks last - but we've got a drawer full of them at the moment).

App players: We'll add leaderboards in the next app update (and you've already got the new front page in the app). It might be a couple of weeks yet (I'm in full flow with the iPad app at the moment), but I'll keep you posted. The links you share through the app already include the referral link, and the "who referred you" bit for new players was in the last app update.

Also: if you already brought someone to the game before we had the referral system, don't worry - they can still set you as their referrer either by going to the settings page on the app/site, or by doing the "Welcome to Interference" tutorial.

Sinus 22 days, 20 hours ago

Thanks Breadmower and Bunnery for the update. I missed the leaderboard. I also spotted a new award (and can't stop laughing)

Sinus Oh yes, I forgot to mention the new award on Saturday :-) Only QuillDaisyStairs has it at the moment - we'll have to see how long it takes for people to spot it and work out what to do.

MiniVreni 22 days, 0 hours ago

Hey there nice update i like the similarity to the app
but i spotted two strange thingies here with the update
1. If i press on my name on the Home screen it directs me to your profil Breadmower
2. The Homescreen looks kinda strange while using mobile browser with the option 'desktopversion' (Android)
(all content sticks to the left side and lot of blank space on its right)
🌼

Breadmower 22 days, 0 hours ago

Thanks MiniVreni :-)

1) Fixed now - I did test it yesterday, but I was logged in as me so didn't notice the bug!

2) Hmmm, probably something to do with the way I'm resizing the columns. Could you let me know what phone/browser you're using? I've just tried it on a Nexus5/Chrome and it works OK - looks like it could be something that only happens with certain phone/browser combinations.

MiniVreni 22 days, 0 hours ago

sure it is a samsung galaxy s5 with chrome (maybe my mobilephone is just to old :D)
Tried it with the 'internet app' my phone was delivered with works fine in there so i guess nothing really impotant to work on :)

Breadmower 21 days, 23 hours ago

Thanks - that's useful to know. I'll see if I can find a way to reproduce it on my phone and then get it fixed :-)

Post a reply

You'll need to sign in if you want to post a reply.